Hurley is my brother-in-law.
He speaks his own language. I call it Hurley-ism. He should have his own following with all his umm, philosophies and thoughts on life. Here are some of his favorite thoughts, doings, and sayings:
- SAYING..Let's shit and git (that means Let's Go)
- SAYING..I don't drink beer every day, only days that end in Y.
- He named the Bloody Mary, the Breakfast of Champions.
- SAYING..If it smells like fish, its a dish, if it smells like cologne, leave it alone.
- SAYING..I haven't had a solid shit since the day I got married, it is always now just a whoosh. He swears to God.
- When slightly buzzed, he will say "I'm polluted."
- On any given day his belly is called Good Groceries, or Good Living, as he holds it from the bottom and lifts it up and down.
- Hurley calls NO ONE by their name, everyone has a nickname, ingenious nicknames made up in his head. Want to know mine? He calls me Porn Queen ( really lovely), His wife is Queen Bee, my FFH is Vern, and it goes on.
- He eats his cheerios with beer, not milk, on camping trips.
- Made me a firm believer of the saying.. What happens in Key West, stays in Key West!
- And,One of my most favorite Hurley-isms is, Why fart and waste it, when you can burp and taste it?
Hurley is an original, excellent cook. My FFH had the pleasure of being in Florida for 5 days and got to visit with his sister Sandy and her husband Hurley. Hurley made his famous White Castle Burgers.
Let us begin:
Break the mixture into 2 and place on 2 ungreased baking pans.
Now, you also must set up your dinner rolls and your cheese.
Pay attetnion here it is tricky.. Take your roll, place the bottom part of the roll face-not bottom- down, top with the top of the roll right side up , getting them ready for the meat. And slice up your cheese.
IMPORTANT HINT!! HURLEY says the best way to time the process is to have a beer between each cooking time step!!
Have your condiments ready.. ketchup, pickles, and mustard, dress as you like.
MUST be served with deep fried fries and deep onion rings as so!
THANK YOU Hurley, Thank you Sandy for sharing.. I only wish I was there with you guys!!. But when I get there, I fully expect a 10 course meal outta you Big Guy!